About this item
- One 8 oz bottle of MG217 Psoriasis 3% Salicylic Acid Therapeutic 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Shampoo for dandruff and itchy scalp with maximum strength 3% Salicylic acid is a psoriasis scalp treatment for flaky scalp
- Dermatitis salicylic acid shampoo and conditioner for seborrheic dermatitis with doctor-recommended active ingredient, Salicylic acid, helps to relieve symptoms associated with psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis
- Therapeutic shampoo with Chamomile extract and Panthenol help to soothe and moisturize for itchy scalp relief
- Dandruff shampoo plus conditioner controls scalp build-up
From the manufacturer
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic, auto-immune disease that appears on the skin. Psoriasis occurs when skin cells quickly rise from their origin below the surface of the skin and pile up on the surface before they have a chance to mature. This happens because the immune system sends out faulty signals that speed up the growth cycle of the skin cells. Normally this turnover takes about a month, but in psoriasis it may occur in only a few days.
According to the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF), medication applied topically to the skin or scalp is the first line of defense when treating psoriasis.
Only two actives approved by FDA for psoriasis treatment are available over-the-counter: Salicylic Acid and Coal Tar
How do they work?
As a psoriasis treatment, salicylic acid acts as a scale lifter, helping to soften and remove psoriasis scales, and allowing other topical medication to better penetrate affected skin.
Coal tar is known to help slow the over-growth of skin cells occurring in psoriasis, and helps reduce the inflammation, itching and scaling of psoriasis.
Doctors recommend combining salicylic acid use with other treatments, including coal tar, to enhance psoriasis treatment effectiveness.
By Paul D. on January 7, 2022
By P. Heller on January 21, 2018
By Chris on March 1, 2017